Re: [jgit-dev] JGIT archival feasibility

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM Gaurav Tiwari <gauravtiwari9098@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Team,

Since last year our product which is using GIT repo to keep audits of most of our application data , having issues .
The Size of Repo for some of our customers (.git)  has increased to more than 50 GB .
as our application reads all data  when application startup and during normal operation . All the git operations are now very slow .Is there any way to  resolve the issue

Are you using JGit ?
Git was designed to store versions of source code (text). It's not a general purpose database.
I don't know what your application stores in git and I also don't know how.
Hence I can't answer your questions.

I am thinking of somehow archiving older git objects. Can git repo be archived along with commits  which are non recent older than 1 year .

Thanks
Gaurav