[jgit-dev] JGIT left files open after git.close [Windows 10]

Hi,

I’m using JGit to clone a remote repository. I’m doing a git.close() [also tried git.getRepository().close()] after cloning.

Then I want to delete the parent directory of the .git repository directory but it fails because JGit still holds a lock on a single file:

.git/objects/pack/pack-<someid>.pack

How can I force JGit to release this lock? I was assuming that close means really close and not holding any locks.

This is only a problem on Windows 10 because of their quite restrictive file lock handling. No problem on Unixes.

Thanks,
Andreas

—
Andreas Müller