Re: [jgit-dev] Intermittent error while pushing to git

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 9:01 AM Deepak Patankar <patankardeepak04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Everyone!!

I have written a java application which uses the jgit library to push changes to the Github(On-prem version).
The push is working fine most of the cases and it fails sometimes. I have tried both the Http authentication and SSH authentication.

The error I get with the HTTP Authentication :
       git-receive-pack not permitted on

The error I get with the SSH Authentication:
       push not permitted

I have read the articles and answers related to this error, but that didn't solve my problem as most of the time the answer was that the user used wrong credentials or was not having to write access.

But in my case, the git push works some times. Thus credentials don't seem like a problem since it works times. Can you please help me by suggesting what all could be the possible reasons?

Jgit Version: 5.3.0.201903130848-r

Hard to guess without knowing your source code.
Use the latest JGit release and prefer org.eclipse.jgit.ssh.apache over org.eclipse.jgit.ssh.jsch.

-Matthias

Back to the top