Re: [jgit-dev] Default branch symref

> I have a small patch that adds any SymRefs into the advertisedRefs and uses any HEAD symref in CloneCommand before looking for a branch called master. Is there any interest in adding this?

Yes, that would be welcome. SeeĀ https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Using_Gerrit_with_git_command_line: for contribution instructions.

Thanks much,
Jonathan

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 11:35 PM Lee Worrall <worrall.la@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With github on the verge of changing its default initial branch name from master to main, I was looking at jgit support for symrefs in pack connections.

It looks to me like a HEAD symref is included in the capability line in UploadPack but it is not parsed in BasePackConnection.