Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] is there something changed in the history view?

this:

git log --oneline --branches --remotes

shows not the lines (its a bit intermixed yes)
but the order is exactly what i want.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 22:16, Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
is there also a case for this gerrit?
Where we can discuss this a bit?

Because i really want to go back to the intermixed sorting that we had. This is just horrible to use and to track,
Now enabling other branches is completely useless for me the history view is complete unreadable

This is because we have a long running branch besides master, where master is now and then merged into..
Thats a branch that is also already a few years old.. With a lot of its own commits and then merges of the master..
(a big feature branch)

For this scenario its really horrible to have this weird (in my eyes) sorting, i want always to sort over all branches based on the commit date...

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 22:08, Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 21:05, Thomas Wolf <thomas.wolf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So is this a change that is done on purpose or is something else weird happening for me?

That could be an effect of https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/157526/ .

What does git log --graph --oneline --branches --remotes show?

that seems to show the same.
But that is really horrible for me. Its completely not sorting it wrong, the master branch is very very hard to spot here.

How can we get back to the previous "sorting" state?

johan

Back to the top