Re: [jgit-dev] Introducing OneDev - an open source git server with interesting features

From: Robin Shen
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:37 PM
To: Jonathan Nieder
Cc: git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Introducing OneDev - an open source git server with interesting features

Hi Jonathan,

Yes it is using JGit for most operations. JGit API is very well designed and is a joy to use. The performance is very good, except for long operations such as full clone. So for pull/push I am calling native git, but  for other operations which may need to be executed several times during a request I am using JGit which is much faster thanks for the in-process cache.

I also filed several suggestions/bugs while using JGit:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?email1=robin%40pmease.com&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&product=JGit&query_format=advanced

I'd like to help fixing, but right now does not have time to dig into JGit internals...

As to compared to other software listed here, I am only used GitHub intensively, so can not provide any valuable information.

Regards
Robin