Re: [jgit-dev] How to completely disable auto GC in JGit

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:01 AM Denis Malyshkin <dmalyshkin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Our application uses JGit. We found that our unit-tests sometimes fail on repository deletion due to "gc.log.lock" files.
To disable auto GC in JGit we use the next settings:
    gc.auto = 0
    gc. autopacklimit = 0

But it seems that it is not enough. Searching through JGit sources I found 2 more parameters:
    gc.autoDetach
    gc.autogc

What is the correct way to fully disable auto GC in JGit including avoiding "gc.log.lock" files creation?
Are the above 4 parameters enough to achieve the goal?

Set gc.auto and gc.autopacklimit to 0 in order to disable auto gc.
Set gc.autoDetach = false to disable background gc which would lock the gc.log file.

-Matthias

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image