[jgit-dev] Why use RevWalk dispose()?

It is not clear to me from the jgit docs when one would use the RevWalk
dispose() method?  The docs explain what it does but that gives me very little
idea of why I should use it.  Many examples on the net do use it.  The
AutoCloseable close() method seems to be the normal thing to do after using a
RevWalk, so why is there a dispose(), and when should it be used?

Thanks,

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Back to the top