[jgit-dev] Push operation speed-up

Hi,

I'm trying to speed-up the push operation. In a big (~3Gb) repository
push of a single tag takes up-to 10 minutes. Whole time is spent in
calculation which objects should be sent. I'm trying to speed it up
using bitmap indexes, but it seems like the bitmap index doesn't
contain all objects in repository and as a result jgit still spends a
lot of time marking uninteresting objects.

Is it correct that bitmap index should contain all objects in
repository? I clone repository and run the

  git repack -a -d -b

command using native git, as a result all object are packed and I have
single pack, index and bitmap index. Is it a bug if bitmap index
doesn't contain some commits or tags? Is there a way to create a
bitmap containing all objects?

Is there any other way to speed up the push operation?

Best regards,
Dmitry

Back to the top