Re: [jgit-dev] Hudson down?

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 11:57 PM, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What if the gerrit page had a "retrigger" that could send a repeat of the event to the ssh stream that included the change?

Which event? There are potentially dozens of events represented on a given change screen; are you proposing buttons next to each patch set/reviewer/inline comment/message?

People are always asking us "when are you going to support stream-events on googlesource.com", and stuff like this is why my answer is usually "are you sure you want that? 'cause it kinda sucks."
That way you wouldn't have to rely on where the server is located and you could also retrigger failed jobs where there was a transient problem in building which was unrelated to your change. Would be better than having to amend the commit message or doing a rebase, which are the two ways you can manually do this at the moment.Â

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6