Re: [jgit-dev] gitattributes

Hello JGit/EGit team,

I have continued to work on the git attributes and here is what I have got so far. In addition to the first two reviews mentioned in my previous email [1][2] I have added 3 other reviews[3][4][5]. The first one proposes an implementation for the "Ident" attribute [3][6]. I have implemented this attribute first since it impacts both checkin and checkout operation so it gave me an overview of the impact git attributes may have on the code. The two other reviews are related to the EGit project. Review 35666 [4] will force the IndexDiffCache to refresh if one of the .gitattibute file (present in the workspace) is modified. It is useful in some use cases with the ident attribute. Review 35667 adds some content to the git property page to display the attributes of the current entry. It is particularly helpful to understand some of the behavior related to git attributes. Now I am going to wait for JGit/EGit team feedback on those reviews before continuing to work on other gitattributes implementation. I would like to be sure I'm heading in the right direction before spending too much effort on something wrong.

Regards,

Arthur Daussy.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/1614/
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/35377/