Re: [jgit-dev] conflicts between branches

There is no remote api for a git repository that does what you are asking.

Sent from my iPhat 6

On 9 Oct 2014, at 14:42, Tomasz Prus <to.prus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have such situation that I don't store working copy and repository cloning takes 15 minutes for large projects :( Is there any possibility to examine merge without storing also working copy?

A conflict is the result of a merge operation, not a specific state. Different merge strategies will generate different conflicts, for example. I believe you’d have to attempt a merge and then get the conflicts from the MergeResult.

Alex