Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] [RFC] releases until Mars (June 2015)

Check slide 22 in this (not representative survey) : http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/IanSkerrett/eclipse-community-survey-2014. Java 8 is used by 9% as deployment platform today. I would be surprised if it will grow over  50% next year. Java 6 is still used by 20 %,  Java 7 is around 60%.