Re: [jgit-dev] Buck based build system for JGit?

If there's consideration of kicking the maven habit, and dependency management comes up at the same time, might I suggest trying MDM?

https://github.com/heavenlyhash/mdm

It uses git to manage dependencies, with some special history constructions to make sure bloat isn't a problem even with blobs.  Submodules are used so that exact hashes ensure builds are repeatable.  And the whole thing is implemented using jgit :)

I've been using it (and its python git/exec/wrapper predecessor, which of course was much less excellent than the current jgit-powered version) on several projects "in prod" for over a year now, so it has decent burn in and should be ready to go.

Of course, if the need to ship maven poms forces reliance on other parts of the maven toolchain like the dependency management components, then mdm might not be workable for jgit.  But boy is it nice to have offline builds that work reliably when you're in development.