Re: [jgit-dev] Running JGit HTTP Transports with apache org.apache.http.client.HttpClient instances

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Christian Halstrick
<christian.halstrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know that our JGit HTTP transport code works purely with java.net.*
> classes (e.g. HttpURLConnection). Up to know I couldn't find an easy way to
> make JGit work with HttpClient instance. I also couldn't find a bridge which
> translates from HttpURLConnection instances to HttpClient instances.
>
> I was thinking about adding a new protocol to JGit which is handled by
> classes which are basically a copy of TransportHttp but use HttpClient
> instead. But that would mean a lot of duplicated code :-(

I have been considering switching from java.net to HttpClient for this
transport, but not done so. It might be possible to abstract a thin
HTTP interface thing in JGit to allow the client to use either
implementation. We need relatively little feature set from the HTTP
part to make HTTP work.

Back to the top