Re: [jgit-dev] public Repository class, internal FileRepository class, and Name/Identity

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 3:30 AM, <james.moger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was testing the waters.  I agree JGit gains nothing.  This wold be for downstream use.
What I was proposing was something like this:

FileResolver.open(C req, String name) {
  db = RepositoryCache.open(key, true);
  db.setName(name);
}

"Name" is a repo name relative to the served base folder.  It might be a symlink.  When we pass Repository around to different parts of a server app it would be convenient to have the originally requested name, not just the filesystem location which is all we have now.  Obviously there are workarounds, alternatives, etc.  But none as convenient/clean as having that name preserved and not discarded in the first place.

would you expect JGit to ensure that this name is unique in order to prevent that two different
repositories are assigned to the same name ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top