Re: [jgit-dev] plexus-archiver as optional "jgit archive" dependency

Interesting timing.  I just implemented a revised download compressed
snapshot feature for Gitbilt today.
I ended up using Apache commons-compress and added tar.gz and tar.bzip2
options.  I was surprised to read your note about info-zip and storing
unix permissions (and symlinks?) in a zip.  I didn't think that was
kosher - hence .zip vs .tar.gz.

The trouble with Maven components is they have so many deps.
plexus-archiver is no exception to that.

-J

Back to the top