Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] Counting Objects taking long in current master

2012/11/5 Markus Duft <markus.duft@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hey!

Since a while now, we have the problem that pushing to Gerrit takes very long. It takes up to 5 minutes for the "Counting Objects..." step when pushing. The Problem can be avoided when fetching from upstream immediately before pushing - then the counting objects is done in a millisecond...

We upgraded Gerrit from 2.2.2.1 to 2.4.2 while at the same time upgrading JGit/EGit to the current master version.

Matthias suggested to create a thread dump and ask for help here. The dump is attached, anybody any ideas? Pointers in which direction i could continue searching would be great too :)

I had a look into the stack trace, the only thread related to jgit/egit is the "main" thread and it's in runnable state so nothing unusual on the client side. Could you capture a couple of thread dumps on both egit and gerrit side while the slow push is underway ?Â

If we have multipleÂthread dumps we can see which parts of the thread dump are moving over time.

Tools like Samurai [1] make it easier to analyze thread dumps.Â

[1]Âhttp://yusuke.homeip.net/samurai/en/

--
Matthias