[jgit-dev] Getting the status of a single file or all files in one directory (non-recursive)

I've been looking at the code and I'm trying to figure out how to set up a custom StatusCommand so that I can get the status for a single file or for all the files in a directory (recursively or non-recursively). At the moment the only approach seems to be to issues a StatusCommand and use a Filter. However this is quite an intensive operation as every file in the repository is filtered even if I know precisely which file I want to get the status for.

A similar thing happens when I know the status of a single directory non-recursively. ÂWhat is the most efficient way to do this which avoids unnecessarily processing every file in the repository, even if it is simply to filter that file out?

Alan