Re: [jgit-dev] Proposed API breakage forcing us to JGit 2.0

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 14:07, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/5079 proposes an API change that will force
the project to bump our major revision number.

I can't really think of a sane way to avoid this.

As I mentioned in the review comments, I'm going to try to think of ways to avoid needing this downstream. For the stated goal of extracting an interface with no ties to the underlying wire protocol, I agree that this breaking API change is unavoidable.

Given how few
customers probably embed ReceivePack, or implement the interface in
question, forcing customers to update their code may be cleaner than
trying to maintain compatibility inside of JGit.

Back to the top