Re: [jgit-dev] JGit DFS code in main bundle?

+1 for extra bundle
--Jens

From: Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:59:38 +0100
To: Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: jgit-dev <jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [jgit-dev] JGit DFS code in main bundle?

2011/11/30 Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Are we worried about how big the main JGit JAR is?

Reason I ask... the JGit DFS code is part of the main JGit JAR. But
there are probably no clients that actually use it except me right
now. I wonder if this should be in its own Maven artifact and P2
bundle, so that clients like Agit aren't forced to carry the DFS
classes that are not likely to be invoked by Agit on a small mobile
device.

I got lazy and contributed everything as a new package in the main
JGit bundle. I wonder if we shouldn't shuffle this to its own bundle
before we cut the next release.

yes, I think it's a good idea to move the DFS code into it's own
maven artifact and OSGi bundle

--
Matthias

Back to the top