[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[jgit-dev] [ANN] SubGit Early Access Program Build #789
- From: Semen Vadishev <semen.vadishev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:15:59 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: TMate Software
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
Let me introduce our new project: SubGit (http://subgit.com/).
SubGit is a tool for smooth migration from Subversion to Git. As well as
from Git to Subversion. Without git-svn insanity.
It works like this:
- Install SubGit into your repository on the server side
- Let initial translation complete (time depends on the size of repository)
- SubGit installs hooks into repository, so it translates every svn
revision and git commit
- Committers may now use either Git or Subversion (or both) with the
tools of their choice
SubGit uses JGit to work with the Git stuff. JGit handles heavy load
perfectly thus fitting our needs, and we appreciate efforts JGit
community put into this excellent library. Thank you, guys!
SubGit EAP builds are free to use, you may try these and let us know
what do you miss, so that we make sure that all the features you need
are included into the final version of SubGit.
SubGit works on Linux, Windows or OS X and requires Java 5 or newer.
Download new SubGit EAP build from http://subgit.com/ and follow us at
@subgit and +subgit.
http://subgit.com/ - Two Way Ticket to The Dark Side