Re: [jgit-dev] Exception during merge

Thank you for your prompt answer! If I'll have time I'll try to implement this feature because it's rather important for us.

Best Regards,
Ákos

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 05:43, Akos Tajti <akos.tajti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wrote a method that merges the changes from a fork to its parent. It works
> in most of the cases. However, my last merge caused an exception.
> java.io.IOException: Multiple merge bases for:
>  I found a discussion about the so called criss-cross
> merges: http://groups.google.com/group/repo-discuss/browse_thread/thread/e1dcedb5436c17ea It
> turned out, that in the failing case I also tried to make a criss-cross
> merge (pull from parent to fork; some chages to fork; merge back fork to
> parent)

Yup, that's what that is.

>. As Shawn wrote in the discussion JGit doesn't support executing
> these kind of merges. But this was two years ago, so I'd like to aks you if
> this problem were fixed?

It still doesn't.

> If not, do you know about any workaround? We'd like
> to support a workflow that can lead to many criss-cross merges. Is there a
> way to merge them using JGit? (for example creating the merge base by
> merging the multiple bases, or using an oother MErger implementation)

We are still missing an implementation that merges the merge bases
together to create a new virtual merge base. And we welcome
contributions. :-)

--
Shawn.

Back to the top