Re: [jgit-dev] New and Noteworthy 0.11

On 2011-02-10 18.53, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> On 2011-02-10 18:33, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Thomas Hallgren<thomas@xxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> OK. Any API changes that we should be aware of? Buckminster git support
>>> relies heavily on egit/jgit and it is fairly late in the cycle.
>> On JGit only or EGit? We don't really have API now since we are pre
>> 1.0...
> Both.
>
>> We don't want to make any guarantees until we have a 1.0 :)
>>
> I know you don't. But you are part of the release train and you will
> break our contribution if you have changes in the API. As I've said
> before, I'm fine with that. But I need some time to fix whatever needs
> fixing. Hence my question.
>
> - thomas
Here is the list from the API tools of incompatibilites from version
0.10.1 in JGit

Wrong name and mis-spelled name
The field org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Constants.GIT_INDEX_KEY has been
removed    Constants.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/lib    line 59    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.merge.ResolveMerger.getUnmergedPathes() has
been removed    ResolveMerger.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/merge    line 91    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.merge.ResolveMerger.getFailingPathes() has
been removed    ResolveMerger.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/merge    line 91    Compatibility
Problem

Changed API:s to improve functionality
The method
org.eclipse.jgit.lib.ObjectInserter.newPackParser(InputStream) that has
to be implemented has been added    ObjectInserter.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/lib    line 303    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository.getObjectsDirectory() has
been removed    Repository.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/lib    line 94    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository.openPack(File, File) has been
removed    Repository.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/lib    line 94    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.storage.file.ObjectDirectory.openPack(File,
File) has been removed    ObjectDirectory.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/storage/file    line 98
Compatibility Problem
The method
org.eclipse.jgit.storage.pack.ObjectReuseAsIs.writeObjects(PackOutputStream,
Iterable<ObjectToPack>) has been removed    ObjectReuseAsIs.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/storage/pack    line 63
Compatibility Problem
The method
org.eclipse.jgit.storage.pack.ObjectReuseAsIs.writeObjects(PackOutputStream,
List<ObjectToPack>) in an interface that is intended to be implemented
has been added    ObjectReuseAsIs.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/storage/pack    line 145
Compatibility Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS.gitPrefix() that has to be
implemented has been added    FS.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/util    line 257    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.util.SystemReader.openSystemConfig(Config,
FS) that has to be implemented has been added    SystemReader.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/util    line 178    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.util.SystemReader.openUserConfig(Config, FS)
that has to be implemented has been added    SystemReader.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/util    line 166    Compatibility
Problem
The method org.eclipse.jgit.util.SystemReader.openUserConfig(FS) has
been removed    SystemReader.java
/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/util    line 64    Compatibility
Problem

More logical placement of classes
The type org.eclipse.jgit.lib.TransferConfig has been removed from
org.eclipse.jgit_0.11.0    MANIFEST.MF    /org.eclipse.jgit/META-INF
line 1    Compatibility Problem
The type org.eclipse.jgit.transport.IndexPack has been removed from
org.eclipse.jgit_0.11.0    MANIFEST.MF    /org.eclipse.jgit/META-INF
line 1    Compatibility Problem

-- robin

Back to the top