[jgit-dev] Why is core.filemode set to true for a new or a cloned Repository?

I wonder why in FileRepository.create the config setting core.filemode is always set to true.

I (unfortunately) work with Windows and clone a repo which was created on a Mac. Although I have set core.filemode to false in the global config I get dirty markers in the UI. The reason is that the cloned repository gets the setting core.filemode true.

Maybe there could be an OS-switch in FileRepository.create?

Back to the top