Re: [jgit-dev] JGit without local filesystem

2010/6/17 Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm starting to do the refactoring required to support JGit running on
different storage technologies beyond just the local filesystem.  The
bulk of the work is in [1], where I pull a lot of methods out of
Repository up into a more abstract base class called GitRepository.

Unfortunately, I hate this name "GitRepository".

I would rather rename the current Repository class to FileRepository,
and then make Repository available for this new abstract base class.
Its a pretty severe API breakage for applications, including EGit.

[1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/886

Yes, but if it's a pure rename I think the advantage going for clean names outweighs
the effort to adapt the existing code (my 2 ct). The main hassle will be to adapt all
the pending changes.

--
Matthias

Back to the top