Re: [jgit-dev] Re: Copyright/License Template for JGit

2010/2/17 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Shawn Pearce <sop@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sharon Corbett <sharon.corbett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Please see the following template and license information which will need to
> > be appended to all JGIT source files for Eclipse Distribution:
>
> JGit is not changing our header.

Time to eat my hat.  We are changing the header.

I just got off a conference call with Mike Milinkovich, Janet
Campbell, Robin Rosenberg, Matthias Sohn, and Chris Aniszczyk.
Thanks Mike for organizing it.

We managed to agree on using the following header, which was
drafted and proposed to the project by EMO.

<... snip ...>

Since I was the one that was so outspoken against this... I'll
take Matthias script[1], make the necessary tweaks, rewrite the
history, and update the initial CQ after I get back into the office
next Tuesday (2/23).

Due to the history rewrite I'll also have to delete all current and
historical *JGit* changes out of our Gerrit Code Review database.
EGit changes will not be affected.  In theory I could try to patch
up the database onto the rewritten history, but line numbers will get
all screwed up due to the header change, so its just not worth it.

[1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/303

Ping, any update on the history rewrite to fix the license headers ?
Anything I could help ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top