Re: [jgit-dev] RE: [egit-dev] Rewriting JGit history and standard comment template

Hi,

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:

> Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Interesting side note...  The EDL is *exactly* the 3-clause BSD but
> > > with the University of California replaced with Eclipse Foundation.
> > > Under US copyright law changing 3 words into 2 words gives me the
> > > right to declare copyright over the larger contract?  Damn. I never
> > > would have tried to do that, I can't see that as being a tenable
> > > case of fair use, or something you can actually claim copyright
> > > over.  EMO's got some brass ones.
> >
> > Shawn, on this one you're just plain wrong.
>
> I think I'm still right.

Shawn, maybe he was talking about the brass ones.

Seriously again, I think that y'all should know that this developer is not
contributing to JGit primarily for those hassles. I want to code. Not to
do paper work (especially when there is no paper to begin with).

Ciao,
Dscho

Back to the top