Re: [jgit-dev] egit.eclipse.org now running smart HTTP

That's great news! Will start hammering away.

Sent from my (new) iPhone

On 16 Jan 2010, at 02:25, "Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

egit.eclipse.org is now running the smart HTTP implementation we
just merged into JGit earlier this week.  Its fully integrated into
Gerrit Code Review, so you should be able to use it as a replacement
for the SSH server.

Project URLs are listed in gitweb, but its basically:

 http://egit.eclipse.org/r/p/jgit.git
 http://egit.eclipse.org/r/p/egit.git

Authentication for push is HTTP digest using username/password.
You can generate a password from the identities tab in the web UI:

 http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#settings,web-identities

This is all pretty early experimental stuff... I'm not running this
version of Gerrit Code Review anywhere else in production yet.
But I wanted to start dogfooding the smart HTTP stuff with JGit
and EGit, and who better to inflict that pain on (if any) than its
own developers.  :-)

--
Shawn.