Re: [jetty-users] Session ID oddity

The ".nodeX" suffix on the the session id can be used by load balancers to direct traffic to particular nodes in the cluster, ie ensure session stickiness.

If a session lands on a different node other than the one it originated on (eg that node failed, or the load balancer is non sticky) then the suffix will change but the rest of the session id is invariant.

The session id, minus the suffix, is unique across all nodes in the cluster.

Jan