[jetty-users] class not found for HandlerContainer

Hi,

I have been looking for several days now this answer.

I develop on Windows 11 using Eclipse IDE and then I create a jar file using the install goal with the run configuration.  This does create a jar file in the target directory.

I then copy the jar file to a Linux system, this system has jdk 11 installed and jetty 11.0.9 installed.  I unpacked jetty into my home directory and set the JETTY_HOME to point to it.

When I use the following command to run it.

java -cp "$JETTY_HOME/lib/annotations;$JETTY_HOME/lib;$JETTY_HOME/lib/apache-jsp;$JETTY_HOME/lib/jaspi;$JETTY_HOME/lib/logging;./" -jar agilemesh.dronevideo-1.0.0.jar

This returns the following error.

Error: Unable to initialize main class agilemesh.dronevideo.DroneVideo
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/server/HandlerContainer

The jetty-server-11.0.9.jar file exists in $JETTY_HOME/lib and contains the HandlerContainer class, so I am lost as to why I get this error.

Thanks

Kelly

https://www.avg.com

Back to the top