Re: [jetty-users] Solr admin UI redirecting root path requests to http instead of https

On 5/24/22 02:03, Greg Wilkins wrote:
To say more, we'd need to see the headers of the request arriving at the proxy and then arriving at jetty.... but my money is on their proxy being configured to rewrite the host header.

I was able to duplicate the issue, and I did not have haproxy configured to do any kind of rewriting.

This is what I get with a verbose curl:

https://paste.elyograg.org/view/e95b70a0

This is what haproxy logged for that request, showing a 302 response:

May 24 10:01:41 - haproxy[299524] 192.168.217.199:59602 [24/May/2022:10:01:41.656] solr~ be-solr/g8981 0/0/0/1/1 302 105 - - --NI 1/1/0/0/0 0/0 "GET https://solr.elyograg.org:8983/ HTTP/2.0"

Where would I do HttpConfiguration.setRelativeRedirectAllowed(true)?  That looks like Java code, and Jetty is not embedded.  This is the jetty.xml in Solr 8.x:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=blob_plain;f=solr/server/etc/jetty.xml;h=e2f4ab095984aac27185a9879964862f9ba35d4d;hb=refs/heads/branch_8_11

I'm still digesting Uwe's reply.  To answer his question:  The proxy is https, Solr is http.

The relevant parts of my haproxy config can be found at the link below.  The commented lines in the frontend are how I worked around the issue in haproxy -- handling root path redirect in haproxy rather than letting it through to Solr:

https://paste.elyograg.org/view/b3b413c3

Thanks,
Shawn

Back to the top