Re: [jetty-users] Remote user and IIS as reverse proxy

Hi Albert,

I think I know what you want to do. You want to use Windows Single-Sign-On with your application. And want IIS do all the authentication stuff.

This is possible, but a little bit tricky. You need some 3rd party IIS plugins and some configuration. IIS will then give your application the Username of the authenticated user using a Header-Field.

For future information you can look here:

https://support.infrasightlabs.com/article/single-sign-on-iis-as-sso-reverse-proxy-for-vscope/

I was able to implement this for our application (running on a Tomcat), but it is a mess. You need to use setspn to allow the server running IIS to use Kerberos; That can only be done by a domain admin. And so on. So you can not really debug this on your dev system.

If in any way possible you should rather use AzureAD, that’s way easier to implement and there are even java samples from Microsoft.

As Joakim said, this all has nothing to do with Jetty.

Best regards,

Emmeran