Re: [jetty-users] How to use a stronger Diffie Hellman group in Jetty?

See https://java.com/en/configure_crypto.html#DHAKeySize

IINM, you can update $JAVA_HOME/conf/security/java.security (on Java 9+) or $JAVA_HOME/lib/security/java.security (on Java < 9) to have

DH keySize < 2048

in the jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms security property.

If I read that weakdh.org web page and the java.com one correctly, I think that should disable weak DH params. To test, I did like this:

$ openssl s_client -connect localhost:443 -showcerts -cipher "EDH" < /dev/null 2>&1 | grep "Server Temp Key"
Server Temp Key: DH, 2048 bits

Against my server, even without disabling DH keys < 2048, I still got the above value which IINM means the weakness spoken about on weakdh.org is not an issue.

HTH!