Re: [jetty-users] "503 Service not available" after update from Jetty 9.4.25 to 9.4.44

Am 29.11.2021 um 22:03 schrieb Joakim Erdfelt:
I bet the class is either not in the classpath you assume it is in, or it
is excluded due to servlet classloader isolation.

I can rule that out because the error-message differs in that case (I had
to add jaxb-api and jaxb-runtime jars to the classpath and this error-message
is the result after that.

I've found out the reason by trying to instantiate AuthConfigFactoryImpl
in my main method before starting Jetty and got a more meaningful exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/istack/Pool
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1142)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:144)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:247)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:234)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:441)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:641)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:584)
        at org.apache.geronimo.components.jaspi.model.JaspiXmlUtil.<clinit>(JaspiXmlUtil.java:51)

After adding istack-commons-runtime-3.0.12.jar the server starts again. It
seems that "somewhere" JaspiXmlUtil is initialized and the exception is
ignored rather than logged.

Thanks and cheers, Lothar

Back to the top