Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 10 websocket API changes

Thank you Lachlan,

That gets me a bit further. The last parts giving me trouble are the following methods of the only Servlet class in my aplication (pardon my Scala, compiler errors inlined with ***prefix)

    override def init(cfg : ServletConfig) =
    {
        _config = cfg
        val policy = new WebSocketPolicy(WebSocketBehavior.SERVER)
            ***trait WebSocketPolicy is abstract; cannot be instantiated
        val ctx = _config.getServletContext
        _socketFactory = WebSocketServletFactory.Loader.load(ctx,policy)
            ***value Loader is not a member of object org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.JettyWebSocketServletFactory
        _socketFactory.setCreator(new SocketCreator())
        _socketFactory.start
            ***value start is not a member of org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.JettyWebSocketServletFactory
        ctx.setAttribute(classOf[JettyWebSocketServletFactory].getName,_socketFactory)
    }

    override def service(request : HttpServletRequest,response : HttpServletResponse)
    {
        if (_socketFactory == null) super.service(request,response)
        else if (!_socketFactory.isUpgradeRequest(request,response)) super.service(request,response)
            ***value isUpgradeRequest is not a member of org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.JettyWebSocketServletFactory
        else if (!_socketFactory.acceptWebSocket(request,response) && !response.isCommitted) super.service(request,response)
            ***value acceptWebSocket is not a member of org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.JettyWebSocketServletFactory
    }

Perhaps you can help me with these last bits?

I do not know if it is relevant at all but I described the context here earlier. Our application implements a runtime engine for a dynamic object-functional server side scripting language that supports HTTP request handler instance methods. Requests are routed to the corresponding class instances to be handled locally. Such handler classes can exist at the global application level but can also be part of session instances. A special type of upgrade handler method is called to create locally embedded websocket objects with their own methods to handle the socket events. Since request routing is done from inside the above service method we need the Jetty API. All our end user (web-)applications are implemented in the form of such scripts.

Cheers,

Silvio