Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.4.34.v20201102: Managing 1xx Responses

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 11:51 AM Paulo Sardinha
<paulo-sardinha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an application offering a POST HTTP REST service implemented via JAX-RS in Jetty. Because under special circumstances the time required for this service to execute may exceed a couple of minutes, I am considering to provide interim 102 processing responses reporting the progress of the operation to the client until providing a final 200 Ok response.

HTTP 102 was defined in an obsolete version of WebDAV, but the current
WebDAV version has removed it. No trace of it in the standard HTTP
specifications.
Not a good idea to use it -- you are likely to break at any moment.

Either don't take 2 minutes to reply to a HTTP request, or extend the
idle timeout, or (long-)poll the server for the final result.
The latter is a more robust way of getting information from the server.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top