Re: [jetty-users] Cache-control

John,

can you give me an actual sequence of requests and responses with all the headers.

thanks

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 at 11:14, John English <john.foreign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/08/2020 19:38, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> John,
>
> Can you capture some examples of headers from requests and responses
> that are not being cached.

Closer inspection shows that pages are being cached, even though the
browsers don't show any cached data under "Memory" in the dev tools. The
header I'm getting is "Cache-control: max-age=0" and I get a 304
response to tell the browser to use the cached copy. I'm not generating
the Cache-control header in my webapp.

The fact that the CSS sometimes doesn't load makes me think that I'm
sometimes not getting the response...?

> Also can you describe how you are serving the content as well?  Is the
> CSS just static content? Do you have any filters involved?

The CSS is static, so is being served by the default servlet. _javascript_
goes through a filter which does I18N translation for error messages
etc. on specially-tagged strings. When the CSS fails to load, I haven't
looked to see if the JS has loaded. Next time this happens, I'll have a
look at headers etc. to see if I can find out any more.

John English