[jetty-users] Supporting SSE with AsyncMiddleManServlet

Hello there,
We are running a reverse proxy based on Jetty's AsyncMiddleManServlet. Lately, a new use case has emerged where a backend has a need to send out Server Side Events (SSE).  There is this recommendation, https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3459, which is to add a flush call in ProxyServlet.onResponseContent().  However, this seems to be a bit of a problem for us since we are using/subclassing AsyncMiddleManServlet.

Currently, we have it implemented in newServerResponseContentTransformer with Identity as the transformer, but this does not seem the right place to hook in the call for a flush.

Where would you suggest we add the proposed flush call to support SSE in AsyncMiddleManServlet?

-Thank you
Lu

Back to the top