[jetty-users] HttpServletRequest Returns NULL Principal After Logging In

Hi Team,

First of all, thank you for developing Jetty. I'm working on a project to
replace WebLogic with Jetty, and I've been stuck with authentication for
quite a while.

The previous project implements the JAAS interface and stores all user
information with self-maintained files, instead of using realm. I tried to
implement the login module with the same code. And I followed the official
document to set the configuration, but without realm. The login part works
fine. But after logging in, no matter what request I send to Jetty,
principal is always null and thus the user is deemed as unauthenticated and
is logged out. While for the login request, I do get the principal from the
request.

I have no idea about the root cause. Some of my guesses are as below.
1. I read the source code of AbstractLoginModule class, and there're a bunch
of fields like currentUser etc. I guess I shouldn't implement LoginModule
directly, as this breaks the inner mechanism of how Jetty integrates
customized login module.
2. I'm missing some critical configurations of HTTP requests.
3. I also notice session is not working properly at this point. Does session
have anything to do with null principal in the request?

Do appreciate your kind help!

Yicheng

--
Sent from: http://jetty.4.x6.nabble.com/Jetty-User-f3247280.html