Re: [jetty-users] Async filters

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 3:26 PM Nils Kilden-Pedersen <nilskp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did try that, but it failed:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: s=HANDLING rs=BLOCKING os=OPEN is=READY awp=false se=false i=true al=0
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getAsyncContext(Request.java:592)

This is probably because you did not call request.startAsync().

> I didn’t pursue this much further, because it seemed to be fundamentally brittle.

It's not brittle, it's defined by the Servlet Specification and it's
the standard way to go.
Very likely your code is not correct.

> Also, isn’t the response fully committed when AsyncContext.complete() is called, i.e. it’s too late to set headers, such as cookies?

It's the application that calls AsyncContext.complete(), so you are in control.

Perhaps you should detail more your use case. If the cookie depends on
what the rest of the application does, then kind of seems wrong to set
it in a filter.

--
Simone Bordet
----