Re: [jetty-users] Configuring a separate threadpool for async execution

I see. But then if we're using Jetty's default thread pool for async processing as well, aren't we taking away a thread from the pool which Jetty could've used for accepting requests? If yes, what's the benefit of using async processing?

On Wed, 24 Jul, 2019, 1:37 PM Simone Bordet, <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 9:19 AM Abhirama <abhirama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you very much, Simone.
>
> My confusion was about if we have to tell Jetty about the thread pool where the async requests are run and my understanding is that we have to.

You don't. Unfortunately the specification is vague about what thread
pool runs the tasks submitted via AsyncContext.start().
Most containers (Jetty included) use their existing thread pool so
that users have just one component to configure.

--
Simone Bordet
----