Re: [jetty-users] Fwd: BOSH on ebmedded Jetty - server side.

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:16 AM Sergey O <osnsergey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you. HTTP/1.1 describes HTTP pipelining, as we understand it should work when we have one connection or we read standard incorrectly. Please clarify.

You read the standard incorrectly.

Pipelining must maintain response order, so servers don't process the
pipelined request until the response to the previous request has been
fully sent.
Processing a pipelined request before a previous one is completed is
an obvious attack to the server that must guarantee infinite
buffering.
Pipelining is such a bad idea that basically no server really supports
it, and even if they do it's a bad idea to use it.

Again, try to not reinvent the wheel - use existing libraries that
have been battle tested over years of field experience.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top