Re: [jetty-users] Basic Authenticator response to OPTIONS request with 401

According to the spec, if auth fails, the request is not forwarded to any filters or servlets.
So if just excluding OPTIONs from auth does not work (I think it's worth trying that), then you (or we) need to move CO logic to before filters.  Either in a handler or perhaps even a request customiser??

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 12:10, Gregor Jarisch <gregor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure if that will solve my problem entirely. I don't want to disable authentication for any of the methods (this is what the config does, if I understood correctly).
Want I need is the CrossOriginFilter to be executed all the time, no matter if authentication has succeeded or not.
Without the Cors header added to the response, browser blocks the request all together and thus no prompting the user for credentials.

Is there a way on how I can achieve this?

Gregor

------ Original Message ------
From: "Joakim Erdfelt" <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Gregor Jarisch" <gregor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 05/12/2019 5:50:30 PM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [jetty-users] Basic Authenticator response to OPTIONS request with 401

You'll use the <security-constraint> section in your WEB-INF/web.xml, specifically the <web-resource-collection> and one of (or a combination of) the two options <http-method> or <http-method-omission>.

Here's an example from the Jetty webdefault.xml for disabling TRACE, but enabling everything other http method.

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Disable TRACE</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
      <http-method>TRACE</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint/>
  </security-constraint>
  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Enable everything but TRACE</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
      <http-method-omission>TRACE</http-method-omission>
    </web-resource-collection>
  </security-constraint>

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx