[jetty-users] Websocket handling issues

Hi,

I've floated this problem a while ago, but I only just got around to actually getting some data on it.

It seems like websocket handling ... well, for lack of a better word, "broke" after v9.4.12.v20180830.
I'm using the Ninja Framework, which bundles this version of Jetty as its internal webserver, and if I launch a skeleton WS server using the bundled Jetty instance, connections go through just fine. On the other hand, if I use the latest Jetty plugin from Maven Central, and launch the same WS server, I get an error when I try to send a message, specifically, org.java_websocket.exceptions.InvalidFrameException: bad rsv RSV1: true RSV2: false RSV3: false. I'm using this project as my WS client.

Now, my go-to reaction would be to simply downgrade my standalone Jetty installation to 9.4.12, but unfortunately because my real application runs under Java 11, I cannot do that (due to an outdated ASM in the 9.4.12 version).

Can anyone give me some pointers as where this might be going wrong?

Best,
Zalan

Back to the top