Re: [jetty-users] [External] Re: IllegalStateException followed by SocketTimeoutException until system restarted

Hello,

Thank you for the advice.  We instrumented Jetty as suggested to take a server dump and waited for the error.  Opened issue https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/2961 with server dump.

Thanks,
-Lu

On 9/27/18, 3:42 AM, "Simone Bordet" <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 4:54 AM Lu Tahmazyan <ltahmazyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > Hello there,
    >

    > We are running our own Jetty base reverse proxy using AsyncMiddleManServlet.  For most part it runs flawlessly, however recently we have come across situations where our application gets into a bad state where its unable to connect to external systems due to “java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Connect Timeout”.  From the logs we see there is an IllegalStateException that happens
    >
    > “java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$SendCallback@72dcb5d8[CLOSED][i=HTTP/1.1{s=500,h=1,cl=0},cb=org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel$CommitCallback$1@5c33a349]”
    >
    > and imminently after that all connections get “java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Connect Timeout” and the only way to recovery is to restart the system.  Any hint you can provide is greatly appreciated.

    Please open an issue, detailing as much as you can, ideally taking a
    server dump (https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/jetty-dump-tool.html)
    when the issue happens.

    --
    Simone Bordet