Re: [jetty-users] 502 Bad gateway in jetty +dropwizard

Satish,

the jetty code that produces that warning from the QueuedThreadPool class in 9.2 is:

        if (!isRunning() || !_jobs.offer(job))
        {
            LOG.warn("{} rejected {}", this, job);
            throw new RejectedExecutionException(job.toString());
        }

So either the threadpool has been stopped (that would be a big problem) OR the job queue has rejected the offered job!
By default, jetty uses an unbounded queue.  However, we don't know how dropwizard configures the thread pool and they may not use the defaults?

So our recommendations remain:
  • upgrade to a recent jetty version
  • don't override the queue type in QueuedThreadPool (or stop DropWizard doing it or who ever is doing it).
  • don't stop the server while running requests!
cheers