[jetty-users] jetty for production : run as a service + log management

Hi,

I noticed a couple of behaviours with Jetty, which prevent me to put it
in production right now; at my level of knowledge, as a "simple" sysadmin.

1) when jetty forks a child process (because you use --exec or
--module=logging-logback in start.ini) , jetty.sh becomes useless
because it doesn't handle child processes. I described the problem here
: https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/516

2) I don't understand very well how to setup logging. I'm able to use
console-capture but it does not rotate logs. On another hand, logback
makes jetty to fork a child process which then leads to problem 1)

Overall, What I need is a elegant/reliable/documented way to :

- run jetty on boot/reboot (using sysv or systemd, for ex). (forking or not)

- have separate and rotated log files : jetty app server on one hand,
application logs in another one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Back to the top