Re: [jetty-users] Updating SSL keystore

Hi Simone,

I guess you mean details about what I do about the reload?

Well, here it comes but since I embed Jetty this may be of little use to others. And I took the liberty of taking a hackish shortcut to test if it would actually work for me...

My Jetty embedding is done in a class called JettyServletContainer that sets up a Server instance. It exposes some setup methods to add HTTP-ports, HTTPS-ports, directory-contexsts and servlet-contexts in order to decorate the server before actually starting it.

The method that adds servlet-contexts adds a reference to the wrapping JettyServletContainer instance to the ServletContexHandler attributes. That way Servlet instances can access the wrapper via the ServletContext of a HttpServletRequest. I extended the method that adds HTTPS-ports to collect a list with all the resulting SslContextFactory instances inside the wrapper. Then I added a method reloadSslCertificates that iterates this list and calls reload on each SslContextFactory instance. I provide a dummy consumer that does nothing. Note that I normally only have one HTTPS port in my application so the list will have a size 1.

Then it is simply a case of using request.getServletContext.getAttribute("container").asInstanceOf[JettyServletContainer] or something similar and call the reloadSslCertificates on it somewhere.

I warned you: it is a hack but for now it seems to work. If I am doing something wrong or even dangerous please let me know. I may just be tempted to leave it as it is for now...

Cheers,

Silvio