Re: [jetty-users] Updating SSL keystore

Hi all,

On Feb 6, 2017 12:00 AM, "Simone Bordet" <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM, John English <john.foreign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I renew my SSL certificate and update my keystore, is it possible to
> get the server to reload the new certificate without restarting the server?

Yes it is possible since we fixed
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/918

This looks *very* useful and just what we need to avoid downtime when keys are rolled. What about ciphers, port, listening address, min/max threads, etc.? We allow all of these to be changed, and automatically restart our embedded Jetty instance when they are. So, it doesn't require admins to manually restart the sever, but it does cause momentary downtime. Can the feature in #918 be generalized to solve this need as well?

TIA!

Travis Spencer

Back to the top